Vegan Chickpea Omelet
1 (8 oz.) pkg. Baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
2 yellow onions, chopped
Oil or Vegetable Broth
1 cup chickpea flour, (Bob's Red Mill)
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
Red pepper flakes or Cracked black pepper
1/3 cup of "Nooch" (Nutritional Yeast Flakes)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup water
Hot sauce, optional
Snipped fresh chives
- Saute the chopped onions and mushrooms in the oil of your choice or vegetable stock, until browned.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chickpea flour, onion and garlic powders, pepper, Nooch, and baking soda. Add 1 cup of water and gently combine until batter is smooth.
- Heat a medium non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Use coconut oil, if desired. Pour batter into pan slowly. Add 3 T of the mushroom/onion mixture, if desired.
- Once browned, flip the omelet. When the underside is browned, flip to the other side.
Slide onto plate.
- Serve alongside the remaining mushroom/onion mixture or saute leftover veggies of your choice. Hot sauce, optional, but recommended:) Top with snipped chives.
Vegan Moroccan Stew
(1) 16 oz. pkg. of Baby Bella mushrooms
4 tsp. EVOO or Vegetable Broth
2 large yellow onions, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
4 tsp. ground coriander
2 tsp. sweet paprika
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. dry harissa
1/2 tsp. za'atar
2 red red peppers, chopped
2 cans of chickpeas, drained
2 cans of Hunt's Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes with garlic, drained
12 dried apricots, snipped
1 carton Kitchen Basics Vegetable Broth, plus 1 cup of water
Mrs. Dash Table Blend
(2) 9 oz. cans of artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 cup (thawed) frozen edamame
1/2 cup golden raisins, plumped if needed
3 T fresh lime juice
1/2 cup pitted green olives, halved
Fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Use EVOO or Vegetable Broth for saute.
In a medium-size saute pan, saute mushrooms and onions until they are browned. If using a slow cooker, add them at this point.
- In that same saute pan, add the garlic, ginger, coriander, paprika, cumin, turmeric, red pepper flakes, dry harissa and za'atar. Cook until the dry spices are combined and fragrant.
- Transfer to the slow cooker at this point.
Now add the bell pepper, chickpeas, tomatoes, apricots, and vegetable broth. Add Mrs. Dash Table Blend, to taste. You are layering flavor.
- Now add the spice flavor system listed in 2). If using a slow-cooker, cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- More flavor to add! Add artichoke hearts, edamame, raisins, and lime juice. Cover and cook for 30 minutes longer.
- Prior to plating, stir in the olives. Top with chopped cilantro or parsley.